- Cacti are succulents making them very drought tolerant plants.
- Perfect as drought tolerant and hardy, best xeriscape seed mix for your landscape.
- Beautiful and shining Yellow color flower.
- Cactus may tolerate drought but over watering will surely kill them.
Notocactus are very popular hybrids that develop really amazing flowers of different colours on the original columnar body and many of these hybrids have cultivar names. This plants form spectacular specimens with several large-sized flowers at a time, and are quite a sight. They are often similar in habit and size to Trichocereus with thick, strong, larger-growing columnar stems, but also they shows a mix of characteristics from both the parents. Most of these hybrids can grow outside all year in mild climate and can take a lot of sun. Raising cactus plants, or cacti, from seed is simple and rewarding. You have to keep patience and enjoy the results.
Few important steps for growing cacti by seeds are given below:-
1. Fill a pot with a moist, gritty, free-draining compost. Gently firm down and level the surface. Scatter your mixed cactus seeds over the surface, taking care not to sow them too thickly.
2. Gently sprinkle a thin layer of vermiculite or fine grit over the seeds, covering the whole surface of the compost. Leave the pot in a greenhouse or on a warm windowsill, covered with a clear plastic bag to preserve soil moisture.
3. Seedlings will develop within a few weeks. Remove the plastic bag and water when the compost becomes dry, but spray the surface with water regularly, to keep it moist.
4. Part-fill a small pot with gritty compost and gently ease the cactus seedling into place. Use tweezers to ensure the seedling is not sitting at an angle.
Important information: Images are for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. This Product is not returnable.
Safety Information: Never consume any plant or part of plant without consulting your doctor. Do not use seeds/bulbs for food, feed, or oil purposes,Seeds/bulbs are only for Agriculture and plantation purpose.
Legal Disclaimer: Germination of seeds/bulbs and growth of plants are based on many factors, we do not accept any liability regarding their germination, growth etc.