Score a Touchdown of Blooms! Plant the Football Lily Haemanthus Bulb & amaze with fiery red flowers. Limited Stock! ⏳ Shop Now & Grow Unique Beauty!
QTY: 1 Bulb
Football Lily Haemanthus Bulb: Bring a Touch of Bold Beauty to Your Garden
The Football Lily, also known as the Haemanthus Multiflorus, is a stunning bulbous perennial renowned for its unique, globe-shaped flower clusters. These clusters, aptly named for their resemblance to a football, boast vibrant red or orange blooms that create a truly eye-catching display in any garden.
- Timing: Plant your Football Lily bulb outdoors in spring after the last frost date. In colder climates, pot culture is recommended, allowing you to bring the plant indoors during winter.
- Location: Choose a well-draining location with full sun exposure. These bulbs appreciate warmth and light.
- Soil: Use a well-draining potting mix or garden soil amended with sand and compost. Ensure the soil is loose and aerated.
- Planting depth: Plant the bulb with the pointed end facing upwards, covering it with about 2-3 times its own depth of soil.
- Watering: Water regularly during the growing season, allowing the top inch of soil to dry between waterings. Avoid overwatering, as this can lead to bulb rot. Reduce watering during the dormant period.
- Fertilizing: Feed your Football Lily with a balanced liquid fertilizer once a month during the growing season. Stop fertilizing during the dormant period.
- Dormancy: After flowering, the leaves may die back, indicating the plant is entering dormancy. Stop watering and allow the bulb to rest until new growth appears in spring.
- Winter Protection: In colder climates, dig up the bulbs in autumn after the first frost and store them in a cool, dry place with good ventilation. Replant them in spring once the danger of frost has passed.
- Deadhead spent flower clusters to encourage more blooms.
- Protect your Football Lily from slugs and snails, which can damage the leaves and flowers.
- Be aware that all parts of the plant are poisonous if ingested. Keep away from children and pets.
Enjoy the vibrant blooms and unique beauty of the Football Lily in your garden with proper planting and care!
- Bloom time: Mid-summer
- Plant height: Up to 2 feet