Aparajita Butterfly Pea Blue Clitoria Flower 10 Seeds
- Plant Name: Aparajita/ Butterfly Pea Plant
- Type: Herb
- Suitable Location: Outdoor
- Container Type: Pot
- Height: 150 mm
Clitoria ternatea, commonly known as Asian pigeonwings, bluebellvine, blue pea, butterfly pea, cordofan pea and Darwin pea, is a plant species belonging to the Fabaceae family.This wonderful twining plant generously bears quite large flowers which are a beautiful shade of vivid cobalt blue with a white throat. The flowers are presented upside down - the keel petal appears on the top rather than the underside.
Planting And Care
- Butterfly Peas prefer to be grown in full sun but they will tolerate light shade
- These are very drought tolerant plants, but they should be watered regularly for the best results
Clitoria Ternatea Care
- The seeds of the Butterfly Pea should be nicked or filed, then soaked overnight in room temperature water before planting
- They can be sown directly in the garden with 3-4 inch spacing when the soil warms in the spring
- Start seeds indoors 12 weeks before the warm weather arrives, maintaining a temperature within the growing medium of 70 degrees F to 75 degrees F
Clitoria Ternatea Special Feature
Grown on a support such as a trellis. Weave through a hedge.
Clitoria Ternatea Uses
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is not returnable.